Saturday, May 22, 2010

Leap of Faith

Yesterday was the most stressful and exciting day for me. In the past few months, I had begun taking the necessary steps to make sure I was on target to take a giant leap of faith and become a full time business owner with Expressions by Em. This last week was the week where I took that leap of faith. On Tuesday, I talked with my supervisor/boss and put my notice in...in hopes that they'd still contract out to me...which would help Expressions HUGE! Preparation. Prayers. A talk with the CEO were the last pieces of the puzzle. Things went semi-according to plan. I put my notice in with to my direct report, the CEO, and we came to the agreement that for the interim they would contract design services to Expressions by Em! Prayers were answered and my last official day as a working business girl and closing a chapter to my first full time job will be May 28, though technically it will be June 1 but vacation got to be used!

Jake and I are both so excited for this next step and to see where the business leads us both. After all it is a family business now! We hope that you all will refer us to your friends, family and any companies you may know of that need web, graphic, print or multimedia design! The website will be updated very soon and you can always check out the Expressions by Em blog or Facebook Fan page! We'd love it if you stopped by!

Please continue to pray for us as with freelance, in my mother's words, it is feast or famine! We have been seeing this to be true but with your support, prayers and love we know that this was the right move for our family and our future!

No comments:

Post a Comment